Sunday, July 29, 2012

Wishing for a Green Thumb



I come from a family of green thumbs... and mine is, well, sort of a pink color.  Houseplants usually last (if I'm lucky), 2 years, outside plants last for the most part, as long as I remember to water them...and that usually comes when they're starting to wilt.  I have a strong appreciation for all things growing and green, but struggle when it comes to making them thrive.  I've found I need to pick the brains of my parents and grandparents to even know when to put stuff in the ground and when to transplant, etc... 
I recently found some goodies online that, for those of us that struggle a bit with growing things, is very helpful!  Genevieve Schmidt writes this wonderful (and VERY helpful) article about August to-do's for those of us that need a little extra assistance in the garden... She is a landscape designer and writer who lives in the coastal area of the PNW and has her own blog!  I encourage you to check it otu: www.NorthCoastGardening.com.  Here is the article I encourage you to read up on @ Houzz.com: Northwest Gardener's August Checklist.  Thank you Genevieve!


No comments:

Post a Comment